L.A. Noire: Deleted Cases L.A. Noire: Deleted Cases

So-so

The humour just kind of fizzled out, I was expecting a punchline.

The art style is very original but there wasn't much actual animation, just talking heads.

Overall this is quite good but nothing very memorable.

Girlchan in Paradise Ep3 Girlchan in Paradise Ep3

Fell flat in some places for me

This comment will no doubt be spammed down immeditately as useless, but I'm gonna review constructively anyway.

The animation and design was fantastic. My only problem would be the backgrounds which came across as lazy, even the ones that weren't 'anime abstract' style. Regardless, the quality of animation you use is highly commendable seeing as it really isn't required for comedy flash series.

The writing fell flat in a lot of places for me because of a kind of inconsistency. You can't seem to decide whether or not this is a stealth parody or not. The episodic releases and full opening and closing suggest that this is meant to be a bad anime series with an even worse edit and dub, and from this comes the humour of the show. The problem with this is that the jokes are far too obvious and don't really seem like jokes, but rather observations about these kind of series.
A good deal of the jokes in this episode just seemed to be that the voice actors can't get their lines right, and this just couldn't carry it for me.
Another wallbanger was the 'back from the dead edit' thing the voice actor insisted on. It's a good joke that was executed with all the sublety of a nuclear bomb. The argument between voice actors that was still being animated in as part of the show's dialogue completely brought me out of it and I think would've worked better if it was something subtle for us to notice.

The voice acting was obviously great, considering it was you who made this, though that nasally 'wacky' voice you use so often gets a little irritating.

Parody Rangers "Abridged" Parody Rangers "Abridged"

Meh.

There wasn't one joke in the film, just a blunt list of things in commonly found in Abridged series read in an obnoxious voice.

The animation was adequate, not much to say about it except it was very derivative of Egoraptor's art style.

I really fail to see why this got front page.

"Target Practice" "Target Practice"

Pretty good

It's a pretty good flash. The animation is mostly smooth but off model in much of the in-between frames, you should try to make it cleaner.

Also the motion of many of the effects such as blood and smoke don't move realistically. You should try to make it more graceful. Same for the beginning walk, what is he doing, goose-stepping?

The lack of colour was also a flaw, if you're going use to such a plain style things should look much tidier or have more detail.

Still, it was very promising and I'm looking forward to your next submission.
;)

[Prototype] [Prototype]

Not good.

Well, the animation was lazy and terrible. The art could look good in a style like that, but didn't. The screen was either too bland or too busy in every scene.

I had heard most of those jokes 5 minutes after Prototype came out.

I will give you the voice acting, which wasn't ear splittingly awful, but still very amateur.

Overall, I'd say this was a mediocre effort, but at least it's better than Ctrl Alt Del, right?

Battosai810 responds:

Well, there's not much worse than CAD, so I at least thank you for saying it's better than that. I'm happy to say I've never made anything as bad as B^U

I hadn't heard any Prototype jokes after Prototype came out, except the few from the Somethingawful article. The only one that mine and that article share is that Mercer is a dick.

Sorry this wasn't to your liking; Personally I don't think this is one of my best either. Check out my other cartoons; you might find something enjoyable there.

Thanks for reviewing!

EPIC METAL! EPIC METAL!

Ariel... Ariel...

First off: Don't cut Kamelot. If you can't animate it, don't fuck with it.

Also, try to animate to the music instead of using so many loops. The mouth didn't fit at all and the guitar/drums looked strange.

As for the actual art/animation, it was nicely done. The people could have looked a little more natural though.

With a little work, it could be totally BRVTAL.

And I'll say it again, don't fuck with Kamelot.

You get a 7.